Sunday, November 30, 2014

C4T Final Post

I chose to comment on Ken Halla's Blog I love his blog page! I have found some very useful and interesting information that is would love to use in my future classroom!If there are any history majors please visit his page!

1st Comment:
If you are a middle school teacher (two of my own children are seventh graders) you know that John Green is one of the most prolific early teenager authors.  But he also has a prolific flipped video series with his brother, that are extremely well produced and packed with lots of facts.  If anything, they have too many and move a bit too quickly.   But here are forty-eight US history videos that are either a good intro (think about the main points that I blogged about a few days ago) or a review.  

My Response:Hi, my name is Brittney Henderson I am a student at the University of South Alabama, I'm currently studying to be a history teacher! I really enjoyed watching your video! Students would most definitely be engaged while viewing this video. Also they would learn a lot of important facts about the Native Americans and Spanish! I will definitely being visiting your blog for ideas on my future classroom!


2nd Comment:Admittedly one needs to know a lot more than just vocabulary in economics, but it is certainly a place to start.  So one thing you can do is to have your students use Quizlet to see if they know all of their vocabulary.   Quizlet allows students to use traditional flash cards as well as a number of learning games.  You can even set it up for your class and each student can compete against one another.   Above is an example of the Age of Jackson.  You can choose to make the cards yourself, have your students do so or even just use someone else's as I have done here.  But if you go with the last choice, make sure you like each card.  Alternatively, if you set up an account, you could make a copy of someone else's cards and then make them exactly the way you want them.  

2nd Response:Hello Ken, I love your blog page! I'm learning a lot of useful activities that I that use in my future classroom! I have used Quizlet before and I found it very useful!Using these flash cards will help the students learn the lessons more effectively!

No comments:

Post a Comment